We value your feedback, both positive and negative, it helps us to make our services better for everyone.

If you have a complaint or a concern about anything to do with OCC Enterprises' services please let us know.

What is a complaint?

Making a complaint can lead to better services for everyone, and can be a way to sort out issues quickly.

Complaints are an opportunity:

• For OCC Enterprises to assess services being provided,
• To improve service provision quality, and
• To improve outcomes for clients accessing services

A complaint can be about:

• A decision you are not happy about,
• The services a client receives,
• Not being treated fairly
• How OCC Enterprises has handled your compliant.
• Making a complaint can lead to improved supports and services, communication and sometimes changes to polices and the way services are delivered.

How to make a complaint?

Many complaints can be fixed by speaking directly with the relevant staff or manager. You can make a complaint in person, on the phone or in writing at anytime.

All complaints will be handled in a sensitive and confidential manner and we will try to resolve the issue promptly. OCC Enterprises has a Feedback and Complaints Contact Person who can provide further information on this process and will be able to advise on progress with any particular issue that has been raised. This is the Executive Manager, Quality and Risk who can be contacted on Ph: 9575 4200. There is a Complaints & Compliments Form that you can fill in and forward to either the Manager of the Department concerned or to the Feedback and Complaints Contact Person. Please ring 9575 4200 for copies of the Feedback and Complaints Form if you require one.

What will OCC Enterprises do?

When handling complaints, OCC Enterprises will:

• Provide information to you that is helpful, accurate, and easy to understand
• Be courteous and considerate in our communication
• Promptly refer requests to the appropriate person
• Respond to requests within a reasonable time
• Keep you informed of progress or delays

If you make a complaint, you will be contacted by the most appropriate person (depending upon the nature of the complaint) and then receive a letter of acknowledgement within 2 business days. This will detail the steps to be taken to resolve the complaint you have raised if it has not been resolved already.

If you are not satisfied with the response, the complaint will be forwarded to the Chief Executive Officer for resolution. We will endeavour to resolve the complaint at the local level but if this is not satisfactory or you feel you are unable to raise it with anyone at OCC Enterprises, the Disability Services Commissioner may be able to assist.

Disability Services Commissioner

The Disability Services Commissioner commenced on the 1st July 2007 under the Disability Act 2006 to work with people with disabilities (and their families) and disability service providers to resolve complaints.
The Commissioner is independent of the government, the Department of Health and Human Services and disability service providers such as OCC Enterprises. The Commissioner encourages and assists the resolution of complaints in a variety of ways including informal discussions, conciliation processes or under certain circumstances, formal investigations.

Are we doing something well?

If you think we are doing something well we would love to hear about it so that we can give the feedback to staff to encourage them and continue to improve the services we provide. It lets us know that we are making a difference. It is great to receive the feedback in writing so that we have a record of it but phoning or telling us in person is also fine. You can write a letter or use the Feedback and/or Complaints Form. This can be sent to either the Manager of the Department concerned or to the Feedback and Complaints Contact Person.

Do you have a suggestion?

We always welcome new ideas or ways to improve our services. If you have a suggestion, telephone us, write a letter or use the Feedback and Complaints Form to let us know. This can be sent to either the Manager of the Department concerned or to the Feedback and Complaints Contact Person.

To file a complaint, please complete the form below.
If you require urgent assistance, please call (03) 9575 4200